- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Back Pain Chiropractor in Austin
Welcome to Whitehead Chiropractic, where our Austin chiropractor treats back pain with no medication. Rather than use expensive and potentially addictive pain medication to treat a pulled muscle or slipped disc, come to our wellness center for complementary therapies that focus on the whole person.
What Causes Back Pain?
Whether you feel a sudden twinge or chronic pain in your back, finding the cause can be tricky. There are many potential causes of back pain.
One of the most common ways to hurt your back is through pulling or straining a muscle, either by overdoing it around the home or through a sports injury. We also see many clients who were hurt in an auto accident or on the job. Jobs with poor ergonomics also cause back pain by altering your posture. Back pain can be the result of an underlying condition such as a slipped disc, herniated disc, sciatica, spinal stenosis or degenerative disc disease.
Through a hands-on examination of your spine, Dr. Wendee Whitehead and the team at Whitehead Chiropractic will determine the cause of your pain and develop a treatment plan unique to your health and needs.
Back Pain Treatment in Austin
Here at Whitehead Chiropractic, our chiropractor, Dr. Whitehead, uses a range of techniques to relieve symptoms of back pain. It all begins with a thorough exam to figure out what has caused your back pain and how to best relieve your symptoms. During the exam, we may ask about your health history, daily routine, work, and more.
After we have a full picture of your injuries, we will put together a treatment plan to restore your wellness. Techniques that we may use to relieve your back pain include:
• Activator - The activator allows us to make precise adjustments to your vertebrae, bringing the spine back into alignment. With the activator, we can make very minute adjustments that pay off big by reducing the inflammation, mobility restrictions, and pain.
• Thompson method - The Thompson method of spinal manipulation uses force and body weight to return the spine to its natural alignment, relieving pain within your body.
• Spinal manipulation - We also use our hands to gently push or pull the spine back into alignment, restore the full range of motion to affected muscle tissue, and retrain your muscles.
• Trigger point therapy - Trigger points of tight knots of muscle cause pain and inflammation, but we can help. We'll relieve the trigger points, so you can make a full recovery.
• McKenzie exercises - Once we've relieved your pain, we will show you this set of exercises, which will keep you pain-free.
Schedule Back Pain Treatment in Austin
We offer new clients a free consultation, so to learn about chiropractic care at no risk. Contact our chiropractic clinic at 512-451-0115 or reserve your consultation online to get started.